Nothing says USA like popcorn, so why not add it to your Independence Day dessert list?!
The best thing about popcorn is that it’s light and relatively easy to make as long as you have a microwave or stove. And if making popcorn still sounds like too much work for you, we’ve got you covered with new, fun and patriotic ways to eat popcorn!
A recipe made by one of our chief poppers here at Popped Passion, we bring you a new twist on popcorn. This recipe was inspired by puppy chow, but instead of Chex Mix, we decided to use our very own freshly popped popcorn! Lucky for you, it’s easy to make at home. We wish we had a picture to show, but it was gone before we had the chance!
What you’ll need:
- A mixing bowl
- A manual mixing tool. We used a wooden spoon.
- 6-7 cups of popped popcorn, lightly salted
- 2 cups of white melting wafers (We prefer Ghiradelli’s)
- 1-2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups of white cake mix
- 1 cup of Red and Blue M&Ms
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 3 tbsp of 4th of July themed sprinkles
- Melt your white chocolate. You can do this in the microwave or on the stove. We melted ours in the microwave for 1:30 minutes and it came out perfect.
- Mix the white cake mix into the melted chocolate
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn in your mixing bowl and use your mixing tool to stir so that all of the popcorn is coated.
- Add in the M&Ms, marshmallows and sprinkles and stir.
- Give the mixture about 2-3 minutes to cool slightly. You don’t want it to harden.
- Stir in 1 cup of the powdered sugar until all of the popcorn is coated
- Let it cool completely.
- Add in the rest of powdered sugar to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
Freedom Popcorn Cake
Celebrating the spirit of the season, our Gourmet Freedom Popcorn Cake is made with our traditional base cake of freshly popped popcorn tossed in marshmallow filling. It’s then mixed with red and blue M&Ms, drizzled in Ghiradelli’s decadent white chocolate, and sprinkled with red and blue sprinkles! Freedom never looked so good!
Independent Popcorn Pops
Cue the fireworks with our Independent Popcorn Pops! We’ve taken our Freedom Cake and made it the perfect size for those who want dessert all to themselves! Choose between white chocolate or milk chocolate drizzle to make it extra yummy.
Star Spangled Popcorn Minis (with ice cream)
If you’re serving up ice cream for 4th of July, why not make it a little more festive by serving your scoop in a Star Spangled Mini Cake! Perfect for serving a crowd, we promise this won’t disappoint!
Red, White and Blue Popcorn Bars
Celebrate the love of popcorn and country with our Red, White and Blue Popcorn Bars. These make the perfect dessert for backyard barbecues, pool parties and picnics.
All-American Popcorn Pizza
If you love sweet and salty, our All-American Popcorn Pizza is for you! This pizza is made with a popcorn crust (what?!?!) and topped with a white chocolate “sauce”, pretzel and golden oreo “pepperonis” and red, white and blue M&Ms. Can you say yum?!